The Internal Medicine department at the Veterinary Referral Center of NH is staffed with a highly qualified board-certified specialist in internal medicine, focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in gastrointestinal, urogenital, endocrine, cardiac, respiratory, and hematologic systems.
The Internal Medicine department is well-equipped with an in-hospital laboratory, digital radiography unit, flexible endoscopes having high-resolution video and three rigid scopes for laparoscopy and thoracoscopy. A state-of-the-art, high-resolution ultrasound machine is routinely used to perform abdominal and cardiac imaging, along with non-invasive biopsy and aspiration procedures.
Stephanie Kottler, DVM DACVIM-Internal Medicine
Dr. Stephanie Kottler is available for appointments Monday through Thursday. In addition to handling routine and complicated internal medicine cases, Dr. Kottler has a strong interest in oncology.
Dr. Kottler will also oversees the 24/7 hour care for both her patients and internal medicine cases received by the Emergency Service.
INTERNAL MEDICINE PROCEDURES AND SERVICES
- 24 hour monitoring by veterinarians and technicians
- Laparoscopy with high-resolution video
- Hemodynamic monitoring
- Ultrasonography (thoracic & abdominal)
- Upper and Lower GI Endoscopy with high-resolution video
- Bronchoalveolar lavage
- Transtracheal wash
- Non-invasive Biopsy and Aspiration
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Joint Aspiration
- Gastrointestinal/ esophageal motility evaluation
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Pulse oximetry monitoring
- Fluid therapy infusion pumps
- Blood and plasma transfusion
- Ventilatory support
- Intensive care oxygen therapy
- Digital radiography