The Internal Medicine department at the Veterinary Referral Center of NH is staffed with a highly qualified board-certified specialist in internal medicine, focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in gastrointestinal, urogenital, endocrine, cardiac, respiratory, and hematologic systems.
The Internal Medicine department is well-equipped with an in-hospital laboratory, digital radiography unit, flexible endoscopes having high-resolution video and three rigid scopes for laparoscopy and thoracoscopy. A state-of-the-art, high-resolution ultrasound machine is routinely used to perform abdominal and cardiac imaging, along with non-invasive biopsy and aspiration procedures.
Stephanie Kottler, DVM DACVIM-Internal Medicine
Dr. Stephanie Kottler is available for appointments Monday through Thursday.
Dr. Faith Buckley, DVM
Dr. Buckley is available for appointments Tuesday thru Friday and on some Saturdays (call for availability).
Dr. Kottler and Dr. Buckley also oversee the 24/7 hour care for both their patients and internal medicine cases received by the Emergency Service.
INTERNAL MEDICINE PROCEDURES AND SERVICES
- 24 hour monitoring by veterinarians and technicians
- Laparoscopy with high-resolution video
- Hemodynamic monitoring
- Ultrasonography (thoracic & abdominal)
- Upper and Lower GI Endoscopy with high-resolution video
- Bronchoalveolar lavage
- Transtracheal wash
- Non-invasive Biopsy and Aspiration
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Joint Aspiration
- Gastrointestinal/ esophageal motility evaluation
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Pulse oximetry monitoring
- Fluid therapy infusion pumps
- Blood and plasma transfusion
- Ventilatory support
- Intensive care oxygen therapy
- Digital radiography